On the 2nd of December 2021, NATO Rapid Deployable Corps Greece (NRDC-GR) held the Distinguished Visitors Day (DV Day) of Exercise Steadfast Leda 2021 (STLE 21) at Prokopidi Camp, Assiros.
The DV Day attended:
- The Deputy Chief of Hellenic National Defence General Staff (HNDGS), Vice Admiral Ioannis DRYMOUSIS as representative of the Chief of HNDGS, General Konstantinos FLOROS, the Commander of the Hellenic 1st Army Lieutenant General Petros DEMESTICHAS and the Deputy Chief of the Hellenic Tactical Air Force (HTAF).
- The Deputy Chief of the Romanian Armed Forces General Staff, Lieutenant General Dumitru SCARLAT and the Commander of the 61st Mechanized Brigade of the Bulgarian Armed Forces, Brigadier General Deyan DESHKOV.
- The General Consuls in Thessaloniki of the Republic of Bulgaria, Mr. Valentin PAVLOV, of the Republic of France, Mrs. Sandrine MOUCHET, of the United States of America, Mrs. Elizabeth K. LEE and of the Republic of Turkey, Mr. Efe CEYLAN.
- The Honorary Chief of HNDGS, General (ret) Michail KOSTARAKOS, the Honorary Chief of National Guard of Cyprus, Lieutenant General (ret) Ilias LEONTARIS and the Honorary Commander of the Hellenic C’ Corps and NRDC-GR, Lieutenant General (ret) Dimitrios KOUKOS.
- The Romanian Military Attaché in Greece, Colonel Nicolae MARINESCU and Delegation of Retired Officers.
“Steadfast Leda 21” is NATO's main training activity for 2021, designed by the Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE), and its final phase took place from Tuesday 23rd of November to Thursday 02nd of December 2021. The exercise main objective was the execution of ground operations under NATO Article 5 with NRDC-GR conducting a Major Joint Operation plus (MJO +) in the role of Multi-Corps Land Component Command (MC LCC) fulfilling its duties after meeting the criteria of Initial Operational Capability (IOC) in this role in January 2021
During the Exercise and to accomplish the mission assigned to it, NRDC - GR had as subordinate Commands the NATO Rapid Deployable Corps - Spain (NRDC-ESP) deployed in Spain, the Allied Rapid Reaction Corps (ARRC) which deployed in Germany and Poland, the Multi-National Corps - Northeast (MNC NE) and the US V Corps which also deployed elements of Command and Control in Poland. NRDC - GR was reinforced also with a Deployable Land Element (DLE) from Allied Land Command (LANDCOM) based in Izmir.
As training audience participated 872 Staff Officers and NCOs from 13 countries (Albania, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Greece, United Kingdom, USA, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania and Turkey) with the successful completion of the final phase of "STEADFAST LEDA 21” highlighted the high level of professionalism of the staff, reaffirming the high value of the NRDC - GR for the Alliance and its ability to deploy Headquarters and forces, when and where required.